Where the Hell Have I Been and Secret Windows by Stephen King

Instead of wasting time apologizing for an inexplicably long absence, I'll just say it's good to be back. What a long, strange year (and a half) it's been. There have been deaths, births, rebirths, vast discoveries and many great victories in the time I have been away from here. But I never stopped thinking of you, never stopped thinking, "I really need to write a blog post on my neglected writing blog". Because, as I'm sure you've forgotten, I have a vinyl blog as well, and can barely keep that up with any amount of regularity, although I do try, I really do. Because of course, I am a record seller, and that's where nearly all of my time is spent, growing and cultivating my little space in the big bad world of business on the internet.
Now. Speaking of business, let's get down to it. I have managed to read a *few* (read: not nearly as many as I would have liked) books over the last many months, probably too many to mention here, but too few to give you an idea where my head has been at. So I'll just begin today's post with how I have been slowly letting more reading and writing into my daily life, one tiny baby step at a time....

This little bookshelf has been the source of great inspiration lately, I "made" it around Halloween time, and ever since I have been steadily reading and putting together a stream of thoughts and ideas for upcoming writing projects. The bookshelf is filled with mostly vintage horror short story collections from the 60's and 70's, as well as a rapidly growing collection of Stephen King, Harlan Ellison (thank you Neil!), pop culture film novelizations and a ridiculous number of horror anthologies of varying eras and sub-genres. Whew!
But the book I'd like to share with you today is the companion piece to Stephen King's On Writing which I have previously gushed about here. I'm shocked and saddened to admit that I didn't even know it existed until a very short time ago, and procured a copy as fast as I could. It goes further in depth in writing style (what to do and what not to do) and such, and includes interview excerpts from previous books. If you love On Writing as much as I do, Secret Windows is a must-have. Enjoy!