When You Blink and Five Years Passes and You Suddenly Wake Up and Write a Blog Post

Oy gevalt where does the time go?? Five years have passed, dear readers (like there's anyone out there actually still following this blog and reading this) FIVE YEARS. In that time so much has changed. Too much to go into here, so let's focus on what's happening now and what is in store for the future. Buckle up and let's ride...

Currently, I'm trying to write a Halloween anthology. I say trying because this is my *first* REAL attempt at writing fiction for the purpose of publication. Also, I'm trying to come up with something non-fiction, to publish via Kindle Singles. This sounds infinitely easier, as you know I am foremost a non-fiction writer, however I've not yet dipped my pen, as it were, into the Kindle publishing pool. It looks really difficult, but I'm confident that I will somehow sort it out.

The other things that have changed are not that important, but I will say that I closed my record shop, opened a bookshop, and have been steadily growing it for the last 3 years. I can honestly say that selling books is infinitely more satisfying. Although I love records, there are so many things that can and do go wrong with them (including damage during shipping) whereas books do not have these issues, as much.

While it pains me to think about the years "wasted" with very little writing, I have to believe that the time wasn't right, or I needed more practice on my own, or I needed technology to catch up with me. By that I mean it's easier than ever (and gaining in popularity) to self-publish your own works, which you can then self-promote, or leave to Amazon to promote for you. Having years of self-promoting experience, I'm confident I could get at least a few followers to spend a buck or two on my writings, but obviously I don't have the kind of following Amazon does to really make a difference. We shall see...

So with writing being at the forefront of my mind now, I hope I can continue onwards and upwards and actually get something published before the next five years goes by.