Successful Completion of HPAP Month #1 with More Writing (and Reading) Goals

Huzzah! Month #1 of the HubPages Apprenticeship Program has been successfully completed, moving on to Month #2 for another required 8 Hubs, which must include search worthy titles in accordance with the Google Keyword Tool. I am one of the web writers who does not do keyword research, never have. It doesn't interest me how many hits a certain subject is getting in any given month. If my information is helpful, accurate, written well and interesting, people will find it. That is my belief. However, I must embrace this lesson if I want to make it to Month #3 and so on within the HPAP program.

I managed to complete the final two Hubs four days before the deadline last month, my goal this month is to get them more evenly spaced out over the month so I'm not facing another crunch-time at the end of the month. And we all know how fast the days go, so I'd best get a move-on if I hope to get any Hubs written this week. I have a CopyPress deadline on Friday which is going to take up a lot of time between now and then, so I really have to prioritize with care.

Reading has, I'm pleased to say, not taken a back seat to all of this. I am currently reading three books at the moment, and hope to complete all of them by the end of the month. This should be easily done, as they are all not very lengthy, but I tend to be a slow reader because I really want to retain what I've read. This does, I believe, help with my writing a lot, just as Stephen King and Neil Gaiman said it would. Thanks to Neil, I am in the middle of my first Harlan Ellison collection, and loving every minute of it. He is intensely fascinating, and I will be doing a blog post about him very soon.

I have put any reading goals in place because I have been very good about getting a good stretch of reading in almost everyday. As I've said in a previous post, the time I spend watching TV has decreased dramatically (and just FYI, I don't have Cable or even local channels--my TV watching consists only of Netflix instant watch and selections from our massive movie collection on DVD, Blu-Ray and VHS. I don't have the time or patience for commercials or what someone else thinks I should be watching). I still need to work on going to bed earlier and getting out of bed earlier--I would gain a lot of time with that. But one thing at a time...