Acceptance Into the Hub Pages Apprenticeship Program

Wow. I just received notice that I have been accepted into the Hub Pages Apprenticeship Program beginning in June! What an exciting, new writing endeavor! Maybe this is just the thing I need to spark ideas for a book, since I've come to realize that my energies need to shift slightly, to focus on a bigger picture for my writing career.

The program states that at least 8 but no more than 24 Hubs are required each month, and the first month will include specific titles for our Hubs based on each student's interest and experience. That's brilliant, because like so many other writers, I struggle with what to write about frequently. This should really help get the wheels turning, and help me get a firm writing schedule/routine in place. Stephen King says that he writes everyday, in the morning from roughly 8am to Noon. I wonder if I could adopt that schedule...the old roll-out-of-bed-at-10am-me says, 'NO WAY' but I am not about to put parameters on myself when it comes to writing, I've already been doing that my whole life.

Building a writing portfolio I can be proud of is a goal I have set for myself from the beginning of this journey. Completing the Hub Pages Apprenticeship program will be an excellent catalyst for doing exactly that, and I look forward to every minute of it. I promise to document the adventure, for anyone who may be interested in applying to the program, or if you just want to see what Hub Pages is all about. As I've said before, it's a great place for writers of any kind to publish pieces of their choosing, and hone their writing skills while building an audience and maybe make a few bucks in the process. Not bad, eh? Stay tuned and happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment