What to Write?? Musings From My Fiction-less Mind

What to write?? I have the world at my fingertips, yet I haven't a clue what to say. It would be so much easier if I could make up stories, but I only know how to tell the truth. Yet again, Stephen King says, "Write whatever you want, but always tell the truth." I've got that part down, but I don't know how to make up stories that aren't my truths...or at least things I have experienced. But I understand how things look and feel, why can't I just create a world in my mind--it can look like anything I want, and I know I am capable of describing it perfectly. Just as my dreams are so vividly detailed, I could transfer these dreams to the page as well. I have been blessed with an incredibly imaginative mind, I need to start using it in my writing.

So what's stopping me?? Surprisingly, it's not fear. I guess it's partly not knowing what to say/write that hasn't been written/said a ba-zillion times before. But no one can read everything (just as in music, no one can know every band/song) so as long as it's good, what does it matter? Maybe if I look at this like I look at my blogs; there are a ga-zillion blogs, yet I have two of them, which people read and enjoy and find informative. That's a great way to look at it, right?? Right. Enough questions, get to it Lisa.