Follow Your Passions, Feed Your Creativity And The Rest Is Gravy

I just read this very inspiring article How To Follow Your Passion When You're Just Trying To Pay The Bills and it couldn't have come at a more fortuitous time. While I am still highly motivated to write EVERYDAY, I do still need to pay the bills, and sometimes let my inner faith slip a bit when my phone service gets temporarily shut off, or I'm dangerously close to losing my car insurance. You see, my 'regular job' IS my passion. I sell vinyl records for a 'living' (and I use that term very loosely), as well as writing, freelancing and selling vintage clothing and accessories. I know we've talked about diversifying before, and it simply cannot be stressed enough. But that isn't what I want to talk about today....

This article states exactly what I have come to learn; that you need to feed your passions and creativity FIRST before you can expect to create any kind of abundance in your life. I had been going about this all backwards for most of my life until recently. It's like I said in my post: November 1st: A New Year, New Beginnings, etc.. you have to please yourself before you can please others. When you comply with your soul's needs, you are able to be of service to others to help them realize their soul's needs, and so on, and so on. It truly is that simple.

When I got out of my own way long enough to realize that writing is my true calling; and the career path I needed to follow seriously, all the 'problems' worked themselves out and a path was opened up to me. Soon the money will come as a result of exercising my passion and creativity. I'm essentially 'killing two birds with one stone' by writing about subject matter that I'm passionate about, but in a way that is helpful to others who have similar passions. This is why I feel so satisfied with writing, it gives me purpose and fuels my inherent desire to help others in a way I know best. And you can do the same just by doing whatever it is that brings you joy. Honestly.

If anyone has a similar article, post or story, I'd love to hear about it, and would be happy to post it here. This kind of message needs to be shared all over the world and any way I can help spread it is a welcome task indeed.