Writing Quality Content: You Get What You Give

Forgive my absence of the last few days, I have been busy at work promoting my other blog about all things vinyl, learning the intricacies of internet marketing and writing my newest article: Tips For Writing Quality Content.There just aren't enough hours in the day! There is so much to be learned, tried and explored in the freelance writing and internet marketing world. It can be a little overwhelming at times, but so far I am managing to keep the ball rolling.

Here's a few things I have learned so far about getting yourself out there and promoting your writing (cuz no one else is gonna do it for you unless you're paying them, in which case you're probably vacationing on the French Riviera, not reading how-to tips from a newbie freelance writer like me!).

-Write, write, write, then write some more. This seems to be the thing of first and foremost importance. Which makes sense because we're writers, right? Not only does it build your writing portfolio, it gets you in the habit of writing EVERYDAY which is a recommendation you will always receive from the likes of Stephen King or any successful writer.

-Diversify. Don't put all your writing eggs in one basket. When writing for content sites like Infobarrel.com, Associated Content (Yahoo), or a whole slew of others which are out there, it's really important to choose the right content for the right vehicle which can optimize your potential earnings from Ad Sense, Pay On Performance and other forms to generate a passive income.

-Research, research, research. There are definitely enough resources out there to make an educated decision about which sites are worth your time, and which ones should be avoided. It also will help you to decide which direction you want to go with your writing if you don't have a clear vision of that already. Don't get discouraged if you try one and it doesn't work for you. Part of being a freelancer means tailoring your work to suit your strengths, so try a few and move on from whichever doesn't feel right or gel with your style.

-Start a blog. Previously, I shied away from blogging from the very beginning. As I've stated before, I am not interested in plastering my personal life all over the internet. However, what I have discovered is that I really enjoy documenting my writing experiences, and feel a sense of accomplishment by offering my perspective in the form of helpful information as I go along. Now that I am beginning to market my writing and promote my articles and blogs, I realize the benefit of having a place to sort out all this information and hopefully give others some helpful insights for their own freelance writing journey.

Recently, I applied for my first real freelance writing gig and have passed the initial process. Of course I am very anxious to see if I get the job, but will not give up on trying for other freelance jobs in the meantime. (diversify, remember?) I will keep you posted. So for now, I hope you'll take a look at my latest article: Tips For Writing Quality Content and find it useful. As always, please feel free to post comments or suggestions of your own, which may be of help to others as well. Have a look at the list of my favorite websites and blogs which all offer valuable information on blogging and writing, located in the sidebar along the right side of this page. Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment