A Mini Milestone: Challenging Myself FTW!

Yesterday marked a mini milestone in my writing/freelance career; I accepted an article requiring up to 1200 words, researched the topic and wrote it, submitted it and received acceptance and payment within 2 hours! This is a first. Not only was the payment in the double digits (also for the first time), I had never before written an article of that length, proving to myself that I could do it. 'Damn, it feels good to be a gangster...'

My latest article, Little Successes: The Rewards of Challenging Yourself talks about the necessary steps to take to challenge yourself and reap the rewards of an accomplishment well done. Even though a 1200 word article may not be a lot for some people, it was a lot for me. But I am so glad I challenged myself and took it on, instead of allowing another writer to choose the assignment. There was a time not so long ago, that I shied away from 500 word articles. I had never been confident about pulling so many words out of my hat on a subject I may not know much about. But I have safely surpassed that obstacle, and find that now my articles easily average between 550-650 words without racking my brain too hard.

My sincere hope is that this article will help you to challenge yourself within your writing, and accomplish things you may never have dared to dream about before. If I can help even one person achieve this, my job has been done. Choose, Challenge, Celebrate and Carry on...Happy writing!