If Only Everyday Were Like Today...

Today began with a flurry of article writing, a rare occurrence, as I am not the speediest writer in the world. I know, I know, patience and practice, patience and practice. And I have to remember that I am only in my fifth week of freelance writing. I guess I'm excited because it only took 40-something years to figure out this career path for myself, after being a Jill-of-all-trades for most of my life. Each day unfolds another little layer in this writing process, and I'm astonished at how well I'm managing to learn and implement this new knowledge into my craft. Anywho, back to today...

After writing said articles for the content mill site I work for, I had the pleasure of wrapping up several record sales most of which were Halloween related. Being that Halloween records are my personal passion and most favorite genre of records to sell, you can see how this quickly became one helluva good day. Before getting involved with freelance writing, packing up records was by far my favorite part of my job...ok, maybe record shopping is my favorite part of my job, but you get the idea. Sales equal $$ and $$ means I get to keep the lights on awhile longer.

I know everyday can't be like today, but as we progress into Fall, the holidays and Winter, I'm likely to see more of them as 2011 comes to a close. I've spent a good amount of time and money gathering up a delightful collection of Christmas records for the upcoming holidays, but have found that they tend to sell all year round. Hey, who am I to try to figure it out? I just try to please my customers and continue to hunt for the rare and hard to find, as well as the just cool records which keep vinyl alive.

Have I confused you? One minute I'm talking about writing, the next I'm gushing about vinyl records. What's this bloody blog about anyways?? Well, both. I'm still figuring it out, so if I haven't lost you yet, stay with me, at the very least it won't be boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment