Getting Started: Writing Articles For InfoBarrel

Life in the freelancing lane has been wonderful so far. I went from barely there writing, to writing everyday in addition to freelancing. Remember, there have been an embarrassing number of years which have passed since I've done any kind of regular writing, with the exception of a personal journal. I had to start somewhere to get the rusty wheels turning again with some amount of fluidity. There is an unbelievable amount of research information to absorb out there, so I've done my best to wade through the masses and choose the avenues which struck me as valuable first.

 Enter Infobarrel.com. This site allows you to write about pretty much anything you want, provided it's informative and well written. The more articles you write, the better chances you have to develop an audience and gain traffic. Traffic = revenue. The ultimate objective here is to earn a little money for your articles through Google AdSense. Little being the keyword, but with the right kind of articles and researched keywords it can really start to add up.

The InfoBarrel community is friendly and welcoming to newcomers, and readily helps us newbies figure out all the tech-y stuff while we try to get a good article base going. The site is user friendly and there are always a lot of interesting articles to read, comment on and rate. Perhaps it helps spark new ideas for your own writing as well.

I'll keep you posted on my experiences with InfoBarrel, so keep checking in or subscribe to my blog's feed to learn more about it and see if it's right for you.

UPDATE: I have made the decision to remove my articles from InfoBarrel and post them on HubPages instead. This was a very smart move on my part, because not only have all of my articles--or Hubs--received an amazing amount of views and positive feedback in a very short period of time, they have already generated revenue, which is the added bonus.

I wish all InfoBarrelers well and continued success, it just wasn't the right fit for me and my writing. If you haven't signed up for HubPages yet and would like to, you can do so under my referral

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa, I saw you mentioned your dissilusionment with IB on their forum today, but you didn't want to be specific. Care to elaborate here? If you'd rather I send you an email, let me know. Thanks.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, and thanks so much for your question. No, I'd rather save my opinions on this matter for private eyes only. At least until I hear back from IB's admin--provided I get a response. Please feel free to email me at alwritetea@comcast.net if you would like to know more.
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete